Vitamin D3 is a quality supplement containing 1000iu of Vitamin D3 to support healthy bones & teeth, immune function, lung function, cardiovascular health and enhanced mood.
Vitamin D is an essential fat-soluble element that serves to protect against a range of diseases and conditions, such as type 1 diabetes. Vitamin D is not a vitamin, but a prohormone, or precursor of certain important hormones. Vitamin D3 (from animals) is more expensive than Vitamin D2 (from plants), as it is the natural form of Vitamin D which is far more bioavailable.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF VITAMIN D:
- Promotes healthy bones & teeth
- Helps regulate Calcium & Phosphorus levels
- Improves lung function & cardiovascular health
- Strengthens immune system and brain / nervous system
- Influences gene expression involved in cancer development
- Controls insulin levels & supports diabetes management
- Enhances mood & reduces depression
- Promotes Healthy Pregnancy
A 2014 study showed that the positive effect of Vitamin D3 on mood was clinically substantial.
A 2018 review of existing research suggested that some studies had found that vitamin D had a protective effect against the influenza virus. It was also found to be effective in mitigating the effects of Covid-19.
A 2019 review suggests that pregnant women who are deficient in vitamin D may have a greater risk of developing preeclampsia and giving birth preterm.
SYMPTOMS OF VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY INCLUDE:
- Bone and back pain
- Low mood
- Impaired wound healing
- Hair loss
- Muscle pain
- Cardiovascular conditions
- Autoimmune problemsy
- Neurological diseases
- Pregnancy complications
- Certain cancers, especially breast, prostate & colon