Selenium is present in virtually every cell in our body and is essential to proper functioning. It has been found to possess chemotherapeutic (anti-cancer) properties as well as being a powerful antioxidant (blocks free radicals). It also helps eliminate heavy metals, such as lead and mercury from the body. Selenium is important for your immune system by lowering oxidative stress, which reduces inflammation and enhances immunity.
HELP FIGHT THE FIGHT
Selenium EAC, is a powerful antioxidant, blocking free radicals and thereby exerting anti-aging properties. The combination of Selenium and Vitamins E, A & C, all powerful anti-oxidants, can help guard against many diseases.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF SELENIUM:
Excellent for immune compromised individuals such as HIV sufferers
Helps protect smokers from the toxic effects of tobacco
- Heart Disease
- Macular degeneration
- Thyroid disfunction - Selenium deficiency decreases the synthesis of thyroid hormones.
- Cholesterol as it increases the ratio of HDL (Good Cholesterol) to LDL (Bad cholesterol)
- Stroke as it reduces the ‘stickiness’ of blood, thereby possibly lowering the risk of stroke
DID YOU KNOW?
A 5 year study conducted at Cornel University and the University of Arizona, showed that 200mcg of selenium per day resulted in:
- 63% less prostate cancer
- 58% fewer colorectal cancers
- 46% fewer lung malignancies
- 39% overall decrease in cancer deaths
Studies have shown that increased Selenium in blood is associated with an enhanced immune response.
Research has revealed that people with the lowest Selenium levels developed more tumours, had a higher rate of disease recurrence, greater risk of cancer spreading and a shorter overall survival rate.